How to set up Gravatar in WordPress 4.7: You can set Gravatar in WordPress 4.7 fairly straightforward but before that, you should understand Gravatar. When you browse any website you might notice many times that some users have pictures with their names and some users do not have pictures next to their name. So, the visible picture is called ‘avatars’ and WordPress avatar is called “Gravatar”. Actually, an avatar shows you on the web in the form of image or an icon and “Gravatar” is “Globally Recognized Avatar” which is the upper level of the avatar. Through Gravatar you are always connected globally with websites and when you comment a post on any WordPress website your picture will appear automatically. So, Gravatar is the picture/image that represents you and your profile looks better with a picture if we compare it with the profile that does not have their faces. Its more reliable looks good and more professional when you show your identity with a picture. Once you create your Gravatar then it appears on your blog, forums, comments etc automatically on all the WordPress websites. So, through this article, I am going to give you complete information about Gravatar and the process to set up Gravatar in WordPress 4.7.
Important things to know about Gravatars
- You can set a Gravatar image per email address under Gravatar services.
- But you can set the same Gravatar image with other email addresses also.
- If you made any changes to your Gravatar image then the same change will instantly activate across all websites for your Gravatar account.
- Apart from this, you can easily sign up Gravatars for free of cost.
- It has total control worldwide on the websites.
- If you are using Gravatars then there is no need to use additional avatar plugins.
- You can make changes and update Gravatar images, your emails with profile information easily from a single point.
- It also drives traffic to your website and it has high recognition power.
- There is no need of registration everywhere on an individual website for comment.
- You are also free from the management system in respect of user comment on your website.
- I can also say that Gravatar is completely beneficial for both owners of the website and site visitors.
So, if you want to know about the setup procedure of your own Gravatar on WordPress website, then you are advised to read below step wise details.
Steps to Set up a Gravatar in WordPress
You can setup a Gravatar on your WordPress website easily as it do not require authentication and it is based on simple HTTP GET requests. You will just have to go through signup procedure where you can maintain Gravatars. You should also know that Gravatars supported by all version of the WordPress. Now, you will have to follow some simple steps given below to set up Gravatar on your WordPress.
Step 1: Sign up and Login Procedure
- Go to Gravatar website (en.gravatar.com) first and click on “Sign In” button to login if you already have your WordPress website or you can click on “Create Your Own Gravatar”.
- When you click on “Create Your Own Gravatar” a new page will open where you will have to type your email address, username and password.
- Then, click on “Sign up” button and login to Gravatar with your Email or username and password.
Step 2: Manage your Gravatars
- You can manage your Gravatars after login to your Gravatar account. You can also check the associated email addresses that linked WordPress website with your Gravatar.
- You can choose any email address to modify or you can also add a new email in Gravatar. To add a new email with your Gravatar, you can follow below steps:
- First, click on “add a new email” option on your Manage Gravatars page.
- A new email adding page will open where you will need to type your new email in the box and then click on “Add” button.
- Once you click on ‘Add’ button a ‘confirmation email sent’ message appears on the screen.
- Then, go to INBOX by opening your email account and open Gravatar confirmation email. Click on the received link in that email and you will be redirected to your Gravatar Managing Page.
- Now, you can check that your new email added to your account.
- For an email ID, you can choose only one image but you can choose the same image for all email IDs. You can also add a new image for any email address with “add a new image” option. Check below steps to add a new image:
- First, click on “add a new image” option on your Manage Gravatars page.
- Then, you will have to choose options (My computer’s hard drive, an image on the internet, A previously uploaded image or A webcam attached to your computer) from where you want to upload your image.
- Choose your file and click on “Next” button.
- Crop your photo using the dotted box and click on “Crop and Finish” button.
- Now, you will have to choose a rating for your Gravatar by clicking any one of the given ratings according to your choice (G-rated, PG-rated, R-rated and X-rated). I personally recommended you to choose G-rating but you can choose according to your choice.
- After understating all above this now, I am going to tell you that how you can set an image/picture with an email address. Check below steps and understand the same thing:
- First, select an email address on which you want to set your picture/image.
- Then, scroll down to image section and select an image and click on that image.
- Now, your image appears with your selected email address. Check it and click on “Confirm” button.
- It has done now; Your Gravatar has activated with that particular email address.
How to manage your WordPress Website’s Gravatars
You can manage your website’s Gravatars by following below steps:
- Login your WordPress website with your username and password.
- Then go to “Settings” and click on ‘Discussion’ and scroll down to Avatars section:
Settings >> Discussion>>> ‘Avatars’ section.
- In ‘Avatars’ section you will see several setting options that help you to set these according to your choice: Avatar Display, Maximum Rating, Default Avatar etc.
- Avatar Display: You can activate or deactivate ‘Show Avatars’ option with a tick or without a tick on your website.
- Maximum Rating: You can choose Gravatar rating level that you want to display on your website.
- Default Avatar: Through ‘Default Avatar’ option, you can set the default avatar display for those visitors who do not have a custom avatar/ a Gravatar that associated with their email address.
So, by reading above information you can understand that a Gravatar is your global visual representation for your websites on the internet and a clear identity is always more trustful, reliable and professional and in respect of that Gravatar plays an important role and becoming the brand builders itself for your business. I hope that above information about Gravatars will help you a lot. If you like above information then you can visit this web page again and get the other knowledge about WordPress. Enjoy your life with technology…..
Note: This webpage is dedicated to the “How to setup Gravatar in WordPress 4.7”. So, you can bookmark this page and visit here again to get the latest updates about WordPress.