How to secure a WordPress Website from Hackers: – If you run a WordPress site, you should know that the growing prominence of WordPress has attracted the interest of hackers. Therefore it’s become important to secure your WordPress site by providing a secure guard. It is your job to make hackers jobs difficult as possible as you can. There are many ways and services to secure your website. Here through this article, we are providing you some ideas via which you can secure you WordPress Website from Hackers. It is just not about that hackers will ruin your business as well as it can ruin your reputation. You can lose the visitors, money, confidential information, and more important the time you give to create the website.
Steps to secure a WordPress Website from Hackers
Wp-DBmanager is one of the best plugins which you may use to secure your website. It allows you to optimize your database, Repair the database, restore the database, drop/empty tables, and delete the backup database and more. There is also automatic support scheduling option which will help you to update your database.
- Login to your website, open Plugins tab and chose “Add New”
- After that, you need to install some Plugins to secure your website and the plugins are: – WP-DBmanager
- Install the Plugin and Activate it.
- After that on the left-hand side of site open Database and select DB option
- After that in path section leave the Path to mysqldump and Path to mysql empty
- After that scroll down toward Automatic setting and appoint the Automatic backing up of DB, Optimizing of DB, and Repairing of DB accordingly the need
- Check the Backup Email Option and in Hide Admin Notice checked “NO”
- After that click on “save change”
- After savings the changes you will see that Data based options in Updated
- And in Automatic Scheduling section you can easily saw the Next backup date, optimize date, and repair date
- You will also get an email regarding the data based option in the email you have been registered
- After doing all in case you want to manage, tab on Manage Backup DB option
- In Manage backup Database you just need to click on “Select” radio button
- And click on Restore button, after doing that you can get the copy of data based back into your site.
Stop spammers is another Plugin which provides a safe zone to your website. It is an aggressive website spam defense against the comment spam and Login attempts. The capability of the Plugin is performing more than 20 different checks for spam. The design of Stop spammers created to work with other Plugins as well.
- Install and activate “Stop Spammers” plugin
- Through setting section open “Stop Spammers”
- Check the setting and after all click on save change
Another way via which you can secure your website
Strengthen Your Password: – The password you choose to log in to your website has more than 8 characters. It should have both number and letters. Don’t forget to change the password every 72 days interval.
Don’t use “admin” You’re Username: – Most of the hackers try to get your password with the help of your admin username. There for we recommend you to change your Username to something else.
Back up your website and keep things up to date: – Your WordPress site is insecure when you fail to keep it up to date. Up to date your site security part to its latest version it offers a security. Install the latest version of WordPress, Plugins, and themes.
Download or install other BulletProof Security
- One-Click Setup Wizard
- Hidden Plugin Folders|Files Cron (HPF)
- Login Security & Monitoring
- .htaccess Website Security Protection (Firewalls)
- Idle Session Logout (ISL)
- DB Backup: Full|Partial DB Backups | Manual|Scheduled DB Backups | Email Zip Backups | Cron Delete Old Backups
- Auth Cookie Expiration (ACE)
- DB Backup Logging
- Security Logging
- HTTP Error Logging
- DB Table Prefix Changer
- FrontEnd|BackEnd Maintenance Mode
- Extensive System Info
- UI Theme Skin Changer (3 Theme Skins)
NOTE: – This webpage is totally dedicated to the “How to secure a WordPress Website from Hackers” You can bookmark this webpage to get more about WordPress.