How to install / Change WordPress Themes: If you want to change or install themes in WordPress then you can do this task easily. Through this article, I am going to explain you detailed procedure by which you can change or install themes in WordPress easily. After login your WordPress website, you can change the themes from ‘Appearance’ category. You will just have to follow some simple steps. So, to check complete information, go through below information and understand the procedure to change or install WordPress themes.
Steps to install / Change WordPress Themes
- Login WordPress website (wp-admin) with your user ID and password.
- Then, move your cursor on ‘Appearance’ and click on Theme option.
- Once you click on ‘Theme’ option, then you will see your currently installed theme in your application. Now, to add a new theme or change the theme, you will have to click on “Add New” button.
- After clicking on “Add New” button, theme page will open.
- Here, you will see many featured themes and install a theme simply select your theme and click on “Install” button available on that theme. You should also note that to check all types of themes you can go with several categories such as ‘Featured’, ‘Popular’, ‘Latest’ and ‘Favorites’. Click on these options and check all the available themes. Choose and install according to your choice.
- You can also add other themes also easily on your WordPress and install for your website.
How to add a theme and install in WordPress
Upload Form: WordPress.org theme directory
- You can use the search option to find out the required theme from the WordPress.org theme directory.
- If you know the theme name then simply type it in the search box and press the enter button to search that particular theme.
- You can also go with ‘Feature Filter’ option. You can search for Black & White- Flexible Width theme and check the same and click on theApply Filters
- Now, you can see themes where you can install it directly by clicking Install button or you can also check the preview of that by clicking on Demo or Preview button.
- When you click on install button then WordPress download it and install the theme for your website.
- After installation, click on ‘Activate’ link and then the theme will be activated.
Upload Form: Downloaded file available in Computer
If you have already downloaded a theme to your local computer then, you can upload it simply by following below details:
- Go to the ‘Themes’ and click on ‘Add New’ button.
- You will see ‘Upload’ theme option; click on that button.
- Then, click on ‘Choose File’button and select the theme file from your computer.
- Now click on‘Install Now’
- WordPress will upload the file and extract the theme archive and install in your WordPress for your website.
- Finally, click on ‘Activate’link and in this way you can add a new theme from your downloaded file.
- Open your website and check your theme.
Note: This webpage is dedicated to the “How to install / Change WordPress Themes”. So, you can bookmark this page and visit here again to get the latest updates about ‘How to install / Change WordPress Themes’.